Custom Search

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Make Your Own....Pineapple Upside Down Cake Martini


Yum, I love these...I learned of them first at Fox & Hound.  Don't misunderstand--I am NOT a drinker...I despise beer, I can handle a sip or two of wine occasionally, and I do not like hard liquor...so, I don't typically drink.  I like girly drinks like Strawberry Daiquiris(with very little rum) and this fantastic martini.  But, they cost $5-$7 at the bar, and since they taste so fantastic, I can easily drink 5 or 6 before the alcohol hits me, then I waste a ton of money!  I found a great little recipe for them so I can enjoy them at home!

Pineapple Upside Down Cake Martini
2/3 cup chilled pineapple juice
1/3 cup Vanilla Vodka
dash grenadine

Place the pineapple juice and vodka in a shaker with ice.  Shake.  Pour into a glass(I don't own any martini glasses, so a wine glass is what I grabbed!).  Add your splash of grenadine at the edge of the glass, it will sink to the bottom of the glass to form pretty layers! 
I like mine a little sweeter, so sometimes I'll use maraschino cherry juice instead of the grenadine, or a little of both! 

You can buy Vanilla Vodka at the liquor store, or you could make your own by soaking a vanilla bean in the vodka for several days.

No comments: