Custom Search

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Cream Cheese Alfredo Sauce

For dinner today, I made homemade pizza and linguine with homemade cream cheese alfredo.
I did not have cream for making traditional alfredo, so I used what I had.  I have actually seen recipes which suggest using cream cheese for a richer sauce, and they were right!
I melted butter, about 1-2 T, in my pan, then added 8oz cream cheese.  I poured in about 1/2 cup milk.  I kept stirring to prevent burning, and added a moderate amount of parmesan, and even added some basil and oregano.  A few minutes later, my Cream Cheese Alredo Sauce was ready to cover the linguine...it was very tasty, not weird at all...definitely healthier than using heaving whipping cream!

1 comment:

jessica-n-owasso said...

Sounds yummy! I may even be able to make this one!