Custom Search

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Grocery Challenge, Day 12

Breakfast:
cereal for the big boys, I had toast & PB, Garrett refused to eat, except 4 Cheerios
Lunch:
I had leftover rice and EggFuYoung, Trenton made a shake with whey powder, milk, and nesquik, Garrett had 3 bites of chicken and rice, and Vince doesn't take lunch(early out day at work)
Dinner:
Eggplant Parmigiana, salad, rolls

I've never made eggplant parm before, I think I'll treat it much like I do breaded steak or pork or chicken:  I'll mix up some flour with spices, and add parm to the flour mix.  I'll beat an egg in a separate dish, maybe with a splash of sour milk(not really sour, but milk that you add lemon juice to, then allow to sit for 5 minutes...a good sub for buttermilk in recipes).  I'll dip the eggplant slices in egg, flour, then again in the egg, then flour.  Fry in a hot skillet in olive oil(or might try the coconut oil I recently received via a freebie promo).  Then, I'll place the fried eggplant in a baking dish, cover with pasta sauce(which I add greens or spinach to) and parm & mozz, then bake at 400 for 10-15 minutes.  While that bakes, I'll cook some pasta and prepare a salad, and throw a pan of Rhodes rolls in the oven...yum, sound good!

No comments: