Custom Search

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Why haven't I tried this before?

Well, getting back into the daily grind after a week of not having to cook or clean...it's rough!  Garrett has been extremely clingy the past 2 days, I suspect that he didn't have time to notice I wasn't holding him much during vacation(always in the car or the stroller), but now that we are home, he certainly notices!  Since Mr.Fussy wants momma constantly, my hubby had to make breakfast yesterday...we did sausage, eggs, and homemade waffles(with liquid whey instead of milk)...he did a fair job, and I enjoyed the break!

Today we resorted back to our normal breakfast of cereal, yogurt & fruit.  For lunch I had placed some cube steaks in a dish of yogurt the evening before to marinate.  That's nothing new, but we had a cucumber that was getting mushy, so I pureed it and stirred into the yogurt..like a tzaziki sauce.  I heated some peas and a dish of macaroni I had cooked and frozen previously(for days when time was limited).  I grilled the marinated cube steaks, and I sliced bread I had made the night before, and placed the slices on the grill as well.  I whipped up some garlic butter for the bread....so, grilled beef cube steak(marinated in cucumber-yogurt sauce), peas, mac&cheese and grilled homemade oat-whey bread with garlic butter...yummy!  Why hadn't I grilled bread before?  It was easy, and healthier than storebought rolls.  I will definitely be doing this again!

1 comment:

Mommy Hates Cooking said...

I am going to try the grilled bread! That's much healthier than rolls and garlic bread from the store.