Custom Search

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Grocery Challenge, Day 4

Still going strong...maybe a little better than usual!  I feel inspired to try new recipes, and Trenton, my 13 year old, is helping alot with cooking.  He has asked to learn how to cook basics like grilled cheese, lol, but I am having him assemble meals a little right now..he is doing a great job, and learning for his future!
We went to Walmart for a few things..milk, produce, etc.  I had a small gift card, plus the baby gets a teeny bit of things on WIC through the Cherokee Nation(teeny, really teeny, like 3 gallons of milk, some cereal, and $6 in produce a month...that's not much produce, lol).  I also bought a Red Baron Pizza by the Slice, used a $2IP, to turn it into a money maker on their Try Me Free promo.  We bought 1 head of cabbage, 1.25 lb tomatoes, green onions, 1 gallon of milk plus a quart, garlic, avocado, Red Baron pizza, and lemon juice.  After WIC and gift card, I paid 3.61, but we'll get back $3 from the rebate, so total is $0.61!!!  Most of those items I need for tomorrow's meal...more to come on that tomorrow!

Breakfast:
apple muffins
Lunch:
layered tortilla bake(trenton made it--chips, corn, spinach, pepperjack, chicken, rotel, cheddar, guac)
Dinner:
the meat I set out isn't thawed yet, but the sausage I set for breakfast tomorrow is, so we'll do breakfast for dinner tonight, and just have muffins or cereal for tomorrow's breakfast.
homemade waffles, sausage, eggs

No comments: