Custom Search

Sunday, June 20, 2010

2010 AllYou Grocery Challenge, Day 1

Ah, I love a good challenge.  Day 1.
I threw a jar of my canned apples into the slow cooker this morning, then poured about a cup of apple juice, which I had diluted cornstarch into, over the top.  When the apples and juice got very hot, I mixed up some drop biscuits, added a bit of sugar and cinnamon, and dropped those biscuits into the liquid.  While that cooked, I put sausage into the oven, and scrambled some eggs.  Yummy breakfast!


Our day 1 menu looks like this:

Breakfast:
eggs, sausage, apples & dumplings, juice, coffee
Lunch/Dinner:
June Bday/Fathers Day Bash at the Grandparents', we are taking a pasta salad.
The full menu included:
grilled salmon, baked pork loin, my pasta salad, green salad with garlic dressing, vegetable salad(squash, peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes, cucumber), bread, potatoes, and dessert of bday cake, peach cobbler, and cherry pie.  It was all wonderful!

Pretty easy day for mama!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This loks so yummy! We always take our crock pot camping and this looks easy enough will have to try thank you!


jjudy05@hotmail.com