Custom Search

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Brainstorming/Menu-planning

I usually try to stick to the same dinners month after month, a little pasta, a few rice dishes, an occasional roast or steak, etc.  Once in awhile, though, I feel a little adventurous and try a new recipe.  Okay, try a new meal idea...I don't like to follow recipes, I just eye-ball things, and it works.  I took 2 years of Chemistry in high school, so I'm not sure why I think it's okay to skip measuring of ingredients...
Anyhow, this past week I made hummus, pita, & cabbage rolls, which was rare for me, but not unheard of.  I have plans to have a Chinese night, with Egg Fu Young and maybe a fried rice.  I also plan to make sushi rolls, and I have some miso soup mix, so I can make that for hubby to enhance sushi night.  I have a steak I want to grill soon.  I have hot dogs, but no buns, so I need to find a good recipe for pastry to make pigs in a blanket.  I found an enticing recipe on the V8 site for Chicken Italiano that I will put into play sometime soon, since I have lots of V8 sitting around(thanks, Harps and Homeland!).

Surely, some other ideas will pop into my head to keep things during the challenge interesting.  Besides, I really need to use up some of our stockpile..I get lazy and grab the stuff that I recently bought because I know it's there, when there are plenty of 'forgotten' foods I could be and should be using...

I can tell I'm tired--kind of rambling now!  Think I'll head to bed...

No comments: