Custom Search

Monday, June 28, 2010

Grocery Challenge, Day 10

I may be busy much of tomorrow, so posting  now the menu plans for Tuesday.

Breakfast:
cereal, fruit(the usual)
Lunch:
Vince will have a packed lunch;  Trenton is going to visit his Granny, so he will eat there;  Garrett and I will plan on having PB&J, chips, and a green beans.
Dinner:
pizza and salad with jicama and bacon dressing

We've had this salad once before, and I really enjoyed the contrasting flavors.  The original calls for spinach, but I don't have any ready right now, so I will pick some different lettuces and mustard greens for the salad.  I will peel and chop the jicama and toss that into the lettuce and greens.  For the dressing, I will break a couple slices of cooked bacon into pieces, and throw them into a skillet with a little olive oil.  When that sizzles, add a spoonful of sugar, then some garlic maybe, and some Balsamic vinegar.  Let it cool slightly before tossing into the salad...yum!

No comments: