Custom Search

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Garlic Butternut Squash

We harvested 6 butternut squash from our garden last week.  For most of the squash, I baked then pureed and froze for use later this year.  I kept a couple out, and last week I made this side dish with dinner.  It smelled amazing while it baked, and we ate all of it!  Even Garrett liked it, and kept asking for more!  It's easy, and if you don't eat alot of variety in your side dishes and vegetables, this is a pretty tasty thing to sample!

I peeled 1 butternut squash, and diced into 1 inch cubes.  I placed the cubes into a casserole baking dish, then I poured in about 2 T of olive oil.  I dumped in 2 T of fresh parsley and 2 cloves of garlic.  Toss this together until it looks like the parsley and garlic are evenly distributed.
I baked this in a 400 degree oven for 50 minutes.  At 35 minutes, I topped the squash with some parmesan.  while the parmesan heated up, it even further enhanced the aroma..wow, it was good!

No comments: