Custom Search

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Finds with those latest Target coupons

Anyone eagerly awaiting what deals are out there with these new Target coupons?  I stocked up bigtime on some produce and bread today!
I didn't find any great deals for the seafood coupon.
The market pantry bread 0.50/1 or Archer Farms $1/2 simply balanced would be ok for bread, but I'll wait to see if they go on sale before the coupons expire. Right now the MP bread is 1.24-1.49, so 0.74-0.99 after Q.  Right now the AF bread is 2.24, so 1.74 after Q...I can wait!  Especially since the $1 Market Pantry/Archer Farms bakery item coupon is so fantastic!  There are several things you can get for free...rice krispie treats, donuts, half-loaves of french bread, sourdough...and there's larger loaves of bread for 1.27-1.49 before coupon, so time to stock your freezer!  We will use the loaves of artisan breads for lunch sandwiches, the french loaves for french bread pizza.
I found at the Target in Bixby, 1# bags of carrots for 0.50, so free after coupon.  Strawberries are 1.79, so 0.79 after coupon.  You can weight out your apples, peaches, etc, to get to around $1, then use the $1 Q to get those almost free.  1 head of butter lettuce is 0.99, so free after Q.  So many possibilities.
My warning about the bakery and produce coupons:  they are auto-deducting down to the price of the item.  Not a big deal if it's 0.99, but I'll give an example or two:
carrots 0.50, I bought 2 bags, but the coupon auto'd to 0.50, so I had to use 2 coupons
donuts 0.69 each, I bought 2, but the coupon auto'd to 0.69, so I had to use 2 coupons
oranges 0.79 each, I bought 2, coupon auto'd to 0.79
bananas, I didn't buy, but friends are saying they bought over $1 worth, but the coupon auto'd to 0.51, the price of 1#...so my advice is to have enough coupons on hand to cover the number of items or pounds of items, or stick to the price of 1#, like only buy 1# of bananas at a time, or only buy 1 donut, or if you want 2 donuts have 2 coupons...hope that makes sense!
Also, the women's C9 Champion socks are $5, so free after the $5 target coupon. 
Hope you are able to get out and score some of these great deals, too!

1 comment:

Mommy Hates Cooking said...

Heading there friday and I can't wait...I jumped for joy when I saw all those coupons this week!