Custom Search

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Been a little under the weather...

Mamas don't get sick, do they?  Thursday I started feeling more nauseous than normal.  With Trenton, I was sick the entire pregnancy, and was dehydrated enough to be hospitalized 5 or 6 times for IV fluids.  With Garrett, I was much luckier, and just dealt with daily nausea, no sickness.  Well, as Thursday wore on, I found myself lying down much of the day, letting Trenton play with Garrett so I could rest, and I realized that it looked like my pregnancy would have alot more discomfort than the last. 
I had an appointment with my new OB(got to see my little peanut, and heartbeat!!!), and I was not feeling any better, so he prescribed me some meds to help.  I was hoping I had a fever and was just getting sick, but nope, no fever.  At the end of my appointment, I had to make a mad dash to the restroom---you ladies know what I mean!  Ah, a little better! 
We headed out to CVS to fill my prescription, but I was feeling bad again.  When we got home, I immediately became sick again.  So, for the rest of the evening, I tried small sips of ginger ale, 7up, and water...no food, no way!  Of course, I got sick some more...ugh!
The next day was a little better...weak, still nauseous, but no running to the restroom!  The meds really did help, and I am thankful the new doc offered them!
Later in the day, Trenton started complaining about his stomach issues...and, he got sick...yes!  Ok, that's really mean as a mom, isn't it?  But, that means it was just a bug, and not major morning sickness..woohoo!

Anyway, that's what I've been doing instead of shopping and blogging!  Besides that crazy 3 or 4 days, my best friend came to town with her daughter to bring Garrett a toddler bed...we are transitioning from our bed into his own, and it is ROUGH!  I'm tired, and my body hurts from being so sick, plus sleeping on a hard mattress in Garrett's room.  It will all be worth it once he gets the hang of it, but it is slow-going for now.  We must stay on track...we have under 8 months to get him into his own room for naps and sleeping!

A big day ahead tomorrow:  Trenton starts his first day of 8th grade...he'll be in high school next year!  I'm hoping he can show a little more maturity and control this year and prepare himself for the challenges of Freshman year.  Also, my classes start tomorrow.  I finished reading all my pre-class assignments, and began working on some of my homework for our first Unit.  These classes involve alot of writing, so I'll be busy!

1 comment:

My Favorite Deals said...

I hope you feel better!

I am 29 weeks and just found out I have gestational diabetes :(