Custom Search

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Make Your Own........Granola!

This is a microwave recipe.  Sometimes it turns out a little soft even after I let it dry/cool much of the day.  If that does happen, I place it in the oven on 200 for a little while.  I do not dare make this completely in the oven because I'll burn it, but feel free to try it if you want!  You can swap dried cranberries for the raisins, use whatever nuts you wish, or leave any of the add-ons, including wheat germ & fax...the choice is yours!  My husband and son will eat this with milk as cereal, but I eat it with my homemade yogurt.

2 c quick oats
2/3 c nuts, chopped
1/3 c wheat germ
1/3 c ground flax
1/4 c brown sugar
1/4 c honey
1 t vanilla
1/3 c raisins
1/3 c coconut
1/4 c oil

Heat oats in baking dish 3-5 minutes.
Add the other ingredients, except for raisins or other fruit.
Heat on high 3-5 minutes, stirring once or twice.
Add raisins.
Cool on cookie sheets.  This can take awhile..it won't hurt it to sit out all day.  Stir or crumble throughout the cooling process.
Store in airtight container.

No comments: