Custom Search

Monday, April 11, 2011

Hello, out there!

I thought I would take a minute and say hello to anyone still hanging on to my blog...might not be anyone there, eh?
Well, I've been busy, and I don't see that changing anytime soon...I am slowly adjusting to life with 3 boys, two of which are home all day with me...I keep in mind that plenty of moms have several children at home and they survive, so I can too!  Jackson is now 3 weeks old, and Garrett will turn 2 at the end of this month.  Trenton will be 14 next month, so I get to deal with fun (insert sigh) there as well.  No, my kiddos are generally good, no real complaints from me!

I am on a break from school until August, so I have 4 months to get me daily rituals down...currently I'm struggling with how to clean the house, fix meals, run errands, and keep the children entertained...all in one day.  I was blessed to have a couple of meals brought in from friends or family over the past week, and I had several meals pre-prepared in the freezer before that, so this is the first week I've had to actually plan and cook meals....tonight we are having broccoli beef and rice.  I'm making this in the crockpot...if it turns out ok, I'll post a recipe ;-)

So, question:  how do you keep your toddler and newborn entertained, keep their minds stimulated?  That's my biggest dilemma thus far...I don't want to plop the toddler in front of the tv all day, even if he is watching educational programs.  And the newborn has his fussy moments, so I can't just ignore him for an hour, maybe not even half an hour.  When he sleeps, I try to take care of the household duties that I need two hands for!

Another issue:  how do you run errands or shop with a toddler and a newborn?  Garrett is so unpredictable when I take him out...the last month or two before I had Jackson I didn't take Garrett with me, left him with daddy or grandma...not sure when I'll try taking him again.

So, that's all for now...here are some pics!


Trenton holding Jackson in the hospital:
                             

Garrett realizing there is a baby in the house, and we get to keep him:
                                          


oh, how I love funny baby faces:

No comments: