Custom Search

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Enchiladas!

Yum, I made the best enchiladas today!  I had grilled chicken a couple of days ago for fajitas, and had some chicken leftover that I used for this meal.

1/2 lb cooked chicken, shredded or diced
pkg corn tortillas
Philly cooking creme santa fe flavor
2 pkg shredded cheese
1 onion, chopped
1-2 cups of spinach, chopped or pureed

This was so easy!  I had spinach from the garden in the freezer, so I thawed it a bit in the microwave, then pureed it in a food processor.  I stirred together the spinach, onion, 1 bag of cheddar, the chicken, and half of the Philly.  I heated the tortillas so that they were soft and easy to roll, then added a big spoonful of mixture to each tortilla.  Atop the rolled tortillas I put the remainder of the Philly, and used my spoon to spread it out.  I then spread the other bag of cheddar on top, covered with foil, and baked at 200 for about 40 minutes.  Two bags of cheese isn't required, but I love cheesy enchiladas, so that's what we did!

No comments: