Custom Search

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Anybody getting a break?

Since school started(for my son and for hubby and I), I have felt extremely busy. My husband says he feels overwhelmed(his is due to work stress, though). The amount of shopping I do has been cut back tremendously, but somehow I am maintaining my stockpile! I planned to work on the whole concept of 'cooking once a week,' but I just can't find enough time to devote in a single day to cooking seven meals. I am still managing to provide dinner daily for the family...we have not eaten a meal out in a few weeks, so I guess I'm doing well at my job.
My classes are split into 8week sessions, 4 2-week units per session. We are finished with unit 1 and half of unit 2. I have 2-3 assignments due per unit per class. I felt very overwhelmed at my reading assignments on top of the 6 papers I need to submit by next Saturday, but this weekend I was able to complete 3 of the papers, so I feel a little less stressed!  I've received most of my unit 1 grades back, and I am relieved!  It's difficult for me, being out of school for 15 years, to get back into the swing of things.  I am overly critical of my self, a perfectionist at times.  Fortunately, I seem to have retained some of my writing skill, as my grades so far have been near perfect.  My Composition Professor even remarked that I was a strong writer...awesome!  I really needed the confidence boost to keep going.  Now that I know I am doing well, it is a little easier to complete my other assignments.
Little Garrett finally got the cold that hubby and I were fighting the past week or two.  Runny nose, congestion, croupy sounding cough...not cute.  If he gets any worse today or tomorrow, I'll be making a trip to the doc to make sure the cold hasn't settled in his lungs.

So, that's what's keeping me busy currently, preventing me from getting into any trouble...is anyone else feeling the stress since school started back?

No comments: