Custom Search

Saturday, April 10, 2010

My husband, the dork...

Trenton, my (almost) 13yr old, has plans today to see Clash if the Titans with his friend.  My husband is off work today, so it works out great that he can take Trenton.  We aren't quite ready to let Trenton go do things completely by himself, so Vince is seeing the movie also. 
So, I'm making a delicious breakfast (tortillas, eggs, sausage, hashbrowns, cheese=breakfast tacos!) and I notice my husband is sitting around in his cut-off khakis and this dorky Ghostbusters tshirt that I picked up after Halloween on clearance.  It's Venkman's uniform shirt, complete with 'slime' that glows in the dark.
  I say something to the effect of "Really dorky, babe...you are gonna embarass Trenton."  My husband, the dork, replies, "I know, but this way Trenton can find me in the dark theater if he gets up to go to the restroom."
Awwww, that is so sweet!  More so if you know the background:  Trenton was diagnosed a couple of years ago with Retinitis Pigmentosa.  Eventually, he will probably go blind, but for now, he has a slight loss in peripheral vision, and a moderate loss of night vision.  If we are out at night, he does, on occasion, take my arm in order to walk with more confidence. 
Anyway, I think that was supersweet of my husband(Trenton's stepdad, by the way) to think of wearing a glow in the dark tshirt so that Trenton could see him better.  Dorkiness forgiven!

No comments: